Turkey Trot

Turkey+Trot

Brett Mallory, Reporter

If you want have a great time and burn off some of those pre-Thanksgiving calories the Turkey Trot at Presque Isle State Park is the activity for you. It is a great way to enjoy the scenery of the park while being able to run and spend time with your friends and family during the holiday.

The Erie Runners Club is hosting the annual Turkey Trot, at Presque Isle State Park (It will be located at Beach 1. The event will begin at 8:30 a.m. on Thursday, November 26 and will go until everyone has finished the race. Runners have the choice to run a 5k (3.1 miles) or a 10k (6.2 miles).
“I ran the race last year with my mom just for fun and games,” said Cayden Conolly, a sophomore. “I ran the 5k, and I was close to first place throughout the race.”
Many people run the race every year to spend time with family members or friends and to enjoy the views upon the beach.
“I am thinking about running in the race this year,” said Matt Lamoreaux, a sophomore. “I want to do it because Cayden did it and I like the beach.”
Come enjoy the view of the lake and have a good run at Presque Isle State Park this year to help support The Erie Runners Club. You can mail a registration to the club or you can (and are extremely encouraged to) register online at erierunners.club/events/event/erc-turkey-trot/.