• February 13Form a Relay for Life Team! Relay is 6/2.

Racing Into Fall

Mount Pleasant Logo

Mount Pleasant Logo

Haley Carter, Editor/Reporter

It’s that time of year again, folks! Mount Pleasant of Edinboro is hosting their third Annual Fall Harvest Celebration! They are adding a few new things to the fire this year, including a 5k run/walk and bike race.

The fest will be held on three separate days: October 6, 7, and 8. Kicking off the fest on Friday will be the first ever Fall Harvest Celebration Dinner from 5 until 8 p.m. Guests will have the choice between Robyn’s famous fish fry for $20 and prime rib for $25. The dinner will be held in the lodge, along with live entertainment. The dinner is only available by reservation and seating is limited.

Saturday is when the fun really begins. They will be doing their first ever 5K Challenge run/walk and bike race. Both will race up and down the mountain, and participants will face over 800 feet of vertical change. The run/walk race begins at 10:30 a.m., with the bike race to follow at 12:30 p.m. Prizes will be given to the winners of the men’s and women’s races.

Whether you have a little brother, sister, nieces, or nephews, make sure to bring them to kid’s day on Sunday! This will be held from 11 a.m. – 5 p.m. It will include magic and balloon shows, bouncy houses, pumpkin art and face painting. Magic Steve will be there to perform two magic and balloon shows. There will be a kid’s fun run starting at 1:30 p.m. Again this year, they will also be offering chairlift rides for everyone in the family to enjoy the beautiful scenery. For everyone who wants to experience the chairlift, it is $5 per person and for kids who are 12 and under, it’s is free with an adult. If you decide to take the chairlift, you can walk a two mile trail and try a tree scavenger hunt!

Lastly, Mount Pleasant will offer a ski swap for gently used ski equipment. The goods that Mount Pleasant sells can be redeemed for cash with 20% commission to them or a gift card to Mount Pleasant with a 10% commission. There will be many different food vendors to try including a warming tent with apple cider and donuts. They will also have the kitchen open in the lodge for your convenience.

For more information on the Fall Harvest Celebration or to register for the 5K Challenge go visit http://www.skimountpleasant.com/.