Financial Aid Night

Isaac Kennedy, Reporter

Are you worried about paying for college? Or maybe you’re wondering if you are eligible for any scholarships? If that’s the case, it’s your lucky day.

On October 2, General McLane High School will be hosting a financial aid event. The event starts at 6 p.m. This is for any student who plans on attending college after the school year and has questions based on his or hers financial questions.

There will be members of the PHEAA (Pennsylvania Higher Education Assistance Agency) to answer any questions you have about your financial state heading into college. If you are wondering if you are eligible for any scholarships or grants they will answer those questions too.

If your parents are at all concerned about your financial state going into college they are welcome to come as well! They can listen along or even ask questions. If your parents or your legal guardians can not attend, feel free to bring other family members such as grandparents, uncles, or aunts.

If you are debating about going to college because of financial reasons this night is meant for you. Just because you don’t think your family has the money it doesn’t mean that you can not attend college.

Two thirds of students receive some type of financial aid heading into college. Just know you are not alone and that many of your peers are in the same predicament as you are. If this is the case we encourage you to come.

If you have any questions pertaining to the event there are multiple ways to get your questions answered. You can contact Mrs. Weiss through her email at [email protected] or personally meet with her in the guidance office.

This is a event for anyone with any sort of question dealing with scholarship, grants, and finance just in general. We hope to see you there.