Lights, Camera, Action! Homecoming 2017

Grace Twitchell

The homecoming court takes a silly one. Pictured: Mia Schaller, Jen Stefano, Hannah McDermott, Abby Flak, Jocie Connolly. Back row: Dennis McCain, Brad Yoder, Shane Johnson, Simon Zehr, and Aaron Wagner, AKA Wags.

Melina Walter, Reporter

Hopefully luck will be on our side this year considering the superstitions of Friday the 13th. Because on Friday, Oct. 13 at 7 p.m., General McLane will be celebrating homecoming at Linden Field.   The football team will be playing our rivals Fort LeBoeuf. As per tradition, the homecoming court will walk down the field after the game followed by the announcement of this year’s homecoming king, queen, prince, and princess. After the game, a lavish firework display will take place to celebrate the homecoming weekend.

The next morning, the homecoming parade will begin at Edinboro University at 11 a.m.. The parade will feature the GM band as they perform the pop hit “Can’t Stop The Feeling” by Justin Timberlake. The royal court will also be riding in the parade while throwing candy. The parade is superhero themed this year, and there will be numerous attractions in the parade and at the festival on Saturday.

At 8 p.m on the same day, the high school’s homecoming dance that will be held in the gym. This year’s dance is themed 1950s Hollywood. Tickets will be on sale soon, and forms are available for out-of-school dates. These forms are located on Schoology or on the board across from the cafeteria.

Student Council has put in a lot of hard work planning and organizing homecoming, including spirit week activities and an assembly leading up to the big day.  So plan to be a part of the Red Sea, cheer on the parade, and and dance the night away under the lights at this year’s homecoming!