The Football Team Fights Back

Erie-Times News

Nasir Singelton runs the ball.

Matthew Lamoreaux, Reporter

Despite starting off the Football season with three losses the Lancers have since turned their season around with a final regular season record of 4-5.  

On September 15 they routed to a 49-28 victory over the Union City Bears led by senior Nasir Singleton and junior Dominic West.  Singleton finished with 320 yards and 4 touchdowns, along with a 71-yard touchdown pass to sophomore Ben Howe-Jones.  West also added 54 rushing yards and 2 touchdowns towards a winning effort.  It was an exciting night away at Union City where the Lancers finished strong looked to repeat this success throughout the remainder of the season.

Senior Jack Parker commented on how his team has improved over the course of the season, “I feel like the main thing that the team has improved on over the course of the season has been our ability to deal with adversity and we [took] that with us in this second half of the season.”  

Parker is less concerned about his personal improvement and is more focused on the team’s improvement,  “I am not as focused on my own improvement and success as I am on the whole team’s improvement and success.  As long as the team can get the win that is really all that matters at the end of the day.”  

After the Union City game the team racked up wins against Conneaut, Northwestern, and a huge homecoming win against Fort LeBoeuf.  Singleton notably ran for a record 375 yards and five touchdowns in the match up against Conneaut.  They finished off the regular season on a low note, losing to McDowell with a score of 37-20.  

Despite this loss, the team has high hopes going into the playoffs where they will need to win two games in order to make it to the state playoffs.  The team will play Meadville at Edinboro University this Saturday at 7 p.m. in the first round.  Come support the Lancers!