Chipotle Review: No Bueno

Chipotle Review: No Bueno

Brennon Songer, Reporter

Chipotle is a Mexican style restaurant that is widely known throughout the United States. There has been a lot of controversy over the food that they produce for their customers and my experience can relate to that controversy.

It was a Friday night when senior Jesse Nathanson, junior Carlos Mamani, sophomore Carter Willis, and freshman Hunter Dible, and I went to see the new Star Wars movie. We decided to stop at Chipotle because it was fairly close to the movie theater and it is one of Jesse’s favorite restaurants. It was my first time, and I was impressed at the way it looked on the outside and inside. The place looked very modern, and everyone seemed to be enjoying their food. When it came to ordering, the employees were very quick and my burrito was done in minutes. It looked fantastic and it tasted pretty good as well. I was disappointed with the price of the burrito, though, because of the size of the meal. It was very small.

The night went on and I enjoyed the burrito, but It was nothing very special. It was about 6:30 p.m. when we got our food and we left 30 minutes later for our movie. When we arrived at the movie theatre, senior Jesse Nathanson immediately went to the bathroom. After about 15 minutes, the guys and I started to worry about him because the Chipotle ran right through him.

This is where I really had a problem with Chipotle. It was only a couple hours after eating the burrito that I experienced abdominal cramps and started to throw up. It was about 2:00 a.m. when the throwing up began. This lasted for days upon days. I could not eat a single thing after eating the Chipotle burrito. Anything I tried eating would immediately hurt my stomach and later I would throw up. The only thing I ate for the 5 days I was sick was toasted bread, applesauce, apples, and bananas.

After my experience of food poisoning, I would tell people not to go to Chipotle. In my personal opinion I don’t think Chipotle should even be open after all of the claims of E. Coli and food poisoning caused by them. Throughout my period of illness I lost a total of 9 pounds. It may be a popular place to eat and hangout, but it is not worth the chance of becoming sick. I give this place zero stars out of five stars and believe that they should shut down.

In my opinion Moe’s Southwest Grill is a million times better for a couple reasons. Some of those reasons include what happens after eating the food, the amount of food, the employees, and the cleanliness of the establishment. My friends agree that Moe’s is the better choice. “Clearly Moe’s. It’s just Moe’s bro,” Mamani stated. And I’d have to agree with my buddy.