Stranger Things 2: Too Good Not 2 Watch

Hannah Shrader, Reporter

**SPOILERS AHEAD**
On Oct. 27, Netflix released the second season of its original hit series, Strangers Things. The Duffer Brothers, who are the creators, writers, directors and producers of the show, continued the series to answer questions such as: “What happens to 11?” or “Where’s the demogorgon?”

Senior Abraham Masone, after watching the second season, asks the Duffer Brothers, “How extensive is the Upside Down? If that’s the second monster they encounter, it’s gotta be enormous!” A burning question from junior Rickard Tedgren was, “What is the Upside Down? What is it actually?” Needless to say, both seasons left viewers curious and wanting more. Luckily, over the weekend of Dec. 3, Stranger Things was renewed for a third season.

The first season was a lot to take in, and deserves a recap. Will Byers (Noah Schapp) is riding his bike home after playing a game of Dungeons and Dragons with his friends. Will is kidnapped by a mysterious figure in the woods and is declared missing by the police. His friends and determined cop, Officer Hopper (David Harbour), set out to find him, no matter the risk. Some of the townsfolk think there is a murderer on the loose, as another person, Barb (Shannon Purser) goes missing as well. A mysterious, Eggo-loving girl named Eleven (Millie Bobbie Brown) escapes from a laboratory and helps the gang defeat the demigorgon. Eventually, Nancy Wheeler and Jonathan Byers find a way into the Upside Down, which Hopper and Mrs. Byers (Winona Ryder) use to pull will back to the normal world and revive him. The season ends with the supposed defeat of the demigorgon and everyone returning to their normal life. Eleven has gone missing, but season two sets out to answer the cliffhangers season one created.

With the new series being out for only a little over a month, Rotten Tomatoes has already given it a 94% rating. Freshman Dominic Shrader says, “I like it. They made more episodes than there needed to be, though.” The second season brings us nine episodes and several new characters. A new girl named Max (Sadie Sink) moves into town with her stepbrother, Billy (Dacre Montgomery). Will’s mother, Joyce, is also back with a new boyfriend, Bob (Sean Astin). Season two starts off with Will Byers having what he and doctors think are flashbacks to the Upside Down. The demigorgon is making its return also, when Dustin finds a creature, which he names Dart, in his garbage can. Dart escapes and that is when things begin to get even stranger.

To find out the fate of the original Stranger Things kids, along with the new characters, you’ll have to watch it for yourself. It definitely deserves “2” thumbs up!