Wagner Shines on Basketball Senior Night

Jeanne Willis
Wags leads the Lancers onto the court.

Taylor Church, Reporter

On February 2 our basketball team hosted their senior night against rival Fort LeBoeuf. The highlight of the night was no doubt when senior Aaron “Wags” Wagner started off the game by going for a layup.

His first shot… it’s a miss… his second shot… HE MAKES IT! The crowd goes crazy! It was an amazing victory for Wags.

“I felt not only happy for him but I felt happy for the whole school and team because everyone loves Aaron,” stated coach Brian Schultz. Junior basketball player Seth Myers agreed stating, “The shot was awesome! I felt like Wags could shoot better than me.

The love for Wags and excitement for his shining moment extended beyond the school. His shot was a hit on the local news and social media. So much so that it made it to Sports Center’s Top Ten.

Wagner has helped out with GM’s football and basketball programs since middle school. Schulz stated that Wags has brought “a lot of camaraderie, and a lot of laughter to the team. He fills the water bottles up better than anybody else. He is the regional water bottle filler upper champ!”

Prior to the game the senior players and cheerleaders were recognized. Aside from Wagner, this year’s basketball seniors are Shane Johnson, Brendan Manchester, Jack Parker, Josh Schreiber, and Bradley Yoder. The game is won by yours truly, the General McLane Lancers! The score was 55-33.

All of the seniors will be missed. Senior night is always an emotional occasion as it marks the last home game of the students’ careers. Myers summed up the emotion stating, “I’ll miss all of the guys but I’ll mostly miss Wags!”