• October 29Get into the spirit of Halloween! Participate in Student Council's Halloween Costume Contest on 10/31!

Athletes Sign National Letters of Intent

Jack Parker, Jennifer Stefano, Nasir Singelton, Ellec Scouten, and Jacob Timpano will continue their athletic careers at the college level.

Riley Boyd, Reporter

On April 11, seniors Nasir Singleton, Jack Parker, Ellec Scouten, Jacob Tímpano, and Jennifer Stefano committed to play college sports. The signing took place in the library which was packed full of the athletes’ fellow classmates, friends, and family.

Nasir Singleton committed to Walsh University. He is going to this Division 2 school to play football and chose Walsh because he liked the campus. Singleton received a scholarship and plans on majoring in communications. His goals for college are “to have fun, play football, and learn new things!”

Jack Parker is furthering his football career at Allegheny College. “Academics was my primary focus during the recruiting process and Allegheny is a great school academically with a traditionally strong football program,” says Parker. Parker stated his focus in college will be academics but he also hopes to make an early impact on the football team.

Jacob Timpano, Nasir Singelton, and Jack Parker celebrate their athletic signings.

Ellec Scouten is going to Penn State Behrend to continue playing volleyball. “I decided to go to the school there before I decided to play sports there, then I was recruited by the coach. Everything just fell into place” stated Scouten. “I hope I can benefit my team,” she said of her playing goals.

Jacob Timpano has decided to continue playing football at Edinboro University. Timpano states, “I liked the campus and coaching staff, they were very welcoming.” He says his goals are to redshirt, get better, and play by his sophomore year.    

Jennifer Stefano will continue pole vaulting also at Edinboro University next year. “I decided to go to Edinboro University because it is in my hometown and it was my first pick as a teaching school. I will be majoring in Early Childhood Education and Special Ed.” Stefano hopes to qualify for Pennsylvania State Athletic Conference Meet.

These athletes has spent many years working very hard to get to this point in their athletic career.  Each shared that General McLane has been an amazing place to represent on and off the field because of the constant support the student body and faculty has given them throughout their years here. They all expressed endless gratitude to every single coach and teacher who guided them through this difficult journey.

Hannah Wyman
Members of the football team celebrates the signing of their teamates.

Hannah Wyman, Editor In Chief

I'm Hannah and I'm a senior. I enjoy traveling, the Gilmore Girls, puns, Leslie Knope, the Beatles, good coffee, Michelle Kwan, feminist rants, and that...