Lady Lancers Soccer Team

The girls soccer team gets ready for victory.

Khadija Mganga, Reporter

With a new coach and a young team, the Lady Lancers are off to a great start with a 4-3 record.

Coach Josh Hopkins, who coached the boys team for several years, is now coaching the girls team. Hopkins has been pushing the team really hard which has had great results.

The Lancers ultimately hope to make it to the playoffs. “We have a lot more potential this year,” stated senior standout player Jamie Kavelish.

The teams other seniors are Ashley Burhenn, Aida Shadeck, and Kaley Berger. Three freshmen: Teghan Watkins, Payton Massey, and Kellie Kulisek are notably starting on varsity this season and have great potential for the seasons to come.

They may disagree at times but the team works hard to put that aside and strive for  greatness. “For the most part everyone on the team gets along. We have difficulties here and there but we get along pretty well,” stated junior Aaliyah Nelson. Berger agrees, stating, “We maybe have our differences on the field but for the most part we get along.”

With the team’s biggest competition still ahead of them, including games against Harborcreek, Fairview, and Villa, the girls are working hard to have a successful season. “ We are putting a lot of effort in this year,” stated sophomore goalie Samantha Herberg. The team is next in action on Monday, Oct. 1, at home against Corry.

“Let’s win this”

Photo credit by a