Homecoming 2018: Around the World

Homecoming Queen Ashley Burhenn & King Logan Miller

Rachel Lesko, Reporter

Football. Fireworks. Parade. Celebration!

Homecoming weekend kicks off with some good ole’ football this Friday, Sept. 28. We will be having a wild night at Linden Field during our annual homecoming game against Fort LeBoeuf. Come out, wear white, and prepare for victory at 7 p.m.! After the game, the king, queen, prince, and princess will be announced to the crowd.  Make sure you stick around for the traditional sumptuous display of fireworks afterwards.

Then on Saturday, come get your groove on and bust a move at General McLane’s 2018 Homecoming dance! The “Around the World” themed celebration will be held from 8 p.m. until 11 p.m. in the high school gymnasium. Don’t be late and wear your snazziest attire!

Saturday morning, the essential homecoming parade will take place at Edinboro University at 11 a.m. The GM band will be performing “September” by Earth, Wind, & Fire. The court will also be displayed on this occasion while throwing sweet treats to the crowd! There will be many different attractions in town and on EUP’s campus, so make sure to check out all the festivities!

Student council member, Kendra Trezona, stated that, “Planning homecoming was extra stressful this year since it was so early. However, everyone has worked super hard to make sure it will turn out great!”

So clear your calendar and plan to celebrate with us! Join the Red Sea, hype it up at the parade, and break it down on the dance floor! See you then!