The Lancers Aim for more D10 Titles

Back to Article
Back to Article

The Lancers Aim for more D10 Titles

Seth Myers, Reporter

GM’s trophy case is overflowing with trophies, and the Lancers are looking to add a few more! The regular season is over, and it’s time for playoffs!

The football team has ended their regular season with a record of 7-2. The boys won region 7, and are the number one seed coming into the playoffs. Senior captain, Ryan Kulka, said “I felt pretty good about the regular season, I wish we could’ve been undefeated, but overall it was good.” The boys will play in the D10 Championship on Nov. 2 against Oil City at Edinboro University’s Sox Harrison Stadium.

The volleyball team has ended their regular season with a record of 8-6. The girls took third in region 6. Senior, Kayla Freyermuth and, junior, Ali Lamoreaux, both agreed that the season went well, and they felt as if the team improved a lot over the course of the season. The girls had a first round bye, and will play in the second round of the playoffs on October 25th against Hickory. The location is to be announced.

The girls soccer team has ended their regular season with a record of 10-6. The girls took third in region 4. Senior captain Ashley Burhenn said, “We played well this year, compared to previous seasons.” Senior captain Aida Shadeck credits a lot of their success this season to their new coach, Josh Hopkins. Coach Hopkins is the former General McLane Boys Soccer coach. The girls won their first and second round games vs. Greenville and Fort Leboeuf. Both ended in a score of 1-0. The Lady Lancers will be back in action, in the Semi-Finals, on Oct. 29 against Mercyhurst Prep at Harbor Creek High School.

The boys soccer team has ended their regular season with a record of 12-4-1. The boys took third in region 6. Senior captain Brennon Songer felt that the regular season went well, and his goals for the playoffs are to “Smack everyone and then beat Prep in the championship.” The boys had a first round bye and won 6-0 against Franklin in the second round of playoffs. The Lancers will play, in the Semi-Finals, against Slippery Rock on October 30th at Oil City High School.