New Art Club & Photography club

New Art Club & Photography club

Jordyn Mangoni, Reporter

Do you consider yourself an artist or want more opportunities to practice your craft? Well your in luck, because there are two new club options at GMHS for you.  Art Club and Photography Club.

Art Club is being reinstted this yeaar to inspire and encourage all growing young artists. Under the direction of Mrs. Thompson, the Art Club they will not focus on doing projects rather they will be bringing in different professional artists to learn about opportunities in the art field. Thompson realized that it would be more cost and time effective to bring in art professionals rather than taking student on trips to visit them.  She hopes to bring in street artists, painters, photographers, ceramicists, sculptors, and graphic designers to meet with students and teach them about their crafts.

“It’s awesome and it’s rare to hear from someone with an art profession and it’s really inspiring.” She stressed that “everyone or anyone is welcome to join the club” and urged students to do so.

Mrs. Hodas is starting a new photography club at the request of students.  “It’s a club that really belongs here,” she stated.

The club doesn’t have any specific projects lined up, but Hodas hopes the group will take pictures of sporting events and school activities and also have photo walks together. Everyone with their own camera is welcome to join.

‘It’s going to be the best club and so much fun. It gives kids that don’t have [my] classes an opportunity to join and learn about photography.”

If you are interested in joining either club please see Mrs. Thompson in Room 203 or Mrs. Hodas in Room 102.