Fro-Yo Frenzy

The Menchie's location in Erie, PA.

The Menchie's location in Erie, PA.

Lexi Langer, Reporter

Located on upper Peach Street in the Peach Street Square plaza, Menchie’s Frozen Yogurt offers a wide variety of frozen yogurt flavors and toppings for an affordable price. With 540 locations in the U.S. and internationally, Menchie’s has been a hit in Erie since it opened several years ago.

The experience at Menchie’s is simple. Walk in, choose as many flavors as you want, and choose all the toppings you desire. Every bowl costs 51 cents per ounce.

Customers are provided with a large selection of flavors, such as Vanilla Snow, Pure Chocolate, and Original Tart. While these three flavors are always present at Menchie’s, there are many seasonal and limited edition flavors as well. These include Red Velvet Royale, Strawberry Smoothie Sorbet, and Fresh Shredded Coconut.

The Erie location currently has all six of these favors as well as Black Cherry Tart, Carmel, Fresh Honeydew Sorbet, Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup, Rockin’ Salted Caramel, and Takes the Cake Batter.

Every flavor at Menchie’s is guaranteed to be frozen yogurt, which has less calories than ice cream. This fact makes it easier for anyone to enjoy the experience, even if they are dieting. Some flavors, such as Fresh Honeydew Sorbet, have no artificial flavors and no high fructose corn syrup.

After flavors comes the huge selection of toppings. From crushed candy bars to chocolate covered strawberries, Menchie’s has every topping you can think of. They even provide popping boba, small fruit-flavored balls that pop when you bite into them. Along with the solid toppings, you can also add a variety of different syrups: chocolate, caramel, peanut butter, and marshmallow.

Also available for purchase at Menchie’s is fro-yo cake. A customer can choose a ready to go cake that is already made, or they can choose a custom photo cake, a character cake, or a cake customized for any occasion. Prices vary for every cake.

Overall, Menchie’s is a relaxing and enjoyable experience. With endless flavors and toppings, it is impossible not to have a good time. So grab a friend and celebrate Valentine’s Day at Menchie’s.