Best Costumes of 2019

The+Joker+is+one+of+the+top+costumes+this+year.++
Back to Article
Back to Article

Best Costumes of 2019

The Joker is one of the top costumes this year.

therobreport.com

therobreport.com

therobreport.com

Ian Smith, Reporter

‘Tis the Season. The leaves are changing, noses are stuffy, and it’s time to walk around the town and take candy from average suburban households—but that’s not even the best part. The chance to wear whatever one wants (within the boundaries of the law) for a day once a year is an opportunity you do not want to miss. Therefore, you have to make the best of it! That’s why you are reading this article: you will have the best costume, based on the facts and my personal Halloweeny insights. According to Google Analytics, these are the top ten Halloween costumes of 2019:

• IT
  • A Witch
  • Spider-Man 
  • Cave people 
  • Dinosaurs 
  • Assorted Clowns 
  • Fortnite 
  • Chucky
  • 1980’s folks 
  • Unicorn

Although there are some solid options on the list, I feel like it’s missing some very probable, popular Halloween costume options. Some of the best costumes are always the home made ones, which aren’t necessarily accounted for in the google analytics. A little personal touch can bump costumes to the next level. Here are my personal projected top five costumes this year based not only on my Halloweeny knowledge, but also from interviewing the students at GM that could get you the costume idea of your dreams. 

Number one, Thanos. Even after the Avengers finale, the rise in Thanos’s popularity continued to grow, finding a big purple place in people’s hearts. Because of this, it wouldn’t be a bad idea to get some purple face paint and a fancy glove and show up to your Halloween party: it’s a guaranteed fan favorite. 

Number two, miscellaneous items. This may seem like a random, broad, and dumb costume suggestion, but that’s just the point. People love dumb, random things, so rolling up to Halloween as a fork or a loaf of bread will be well received for sure. Mrs. Zona has shared that her own daughter will be dressing as a potato this year! 

Number three, VSCO. No one wants to admit it, but we all know it’s true. I promise you will see a gross amount of people with dress-like shirts making odd noises. I can’t say I recommend this one if you have any dignity.

Number four, “Stranger Things” characters. This show was extremely well received will lots of memorable characters ranging from the spooky demogorgon to the slightly less scary Dustin. Dressing up like one of these iconic characters won’t disappoint. 

And finally, number five, the joker. The new movie just came out and although I haven’t seen it, there has been a lot of hype surrounding it. Plus, the joker is by nature a spooky villain. It would be a great Halloween costume without a doubt. 

Although these are solid options, just do you, and do what you find spooky. And most importantly, have a happy Halloween!