Disney Plus

Back to Article
Back to Article

Disney Plus

https://www.theverge.com/2018/8/5/17649060/disney-streaming-service-updates-marvel-star-wars-shows

Ali Watkins and Logan Morgan

On November 12, 2019, Disney released a stellar new movie and show network called “Disney Plus.” The internet, as well as General McLane High School, blew up as we were introduced to this new era of Disney, and many of them immediately purchased the app. As of now, there are a little over 10 million subscribers!  

For their exclusive new product, Disney created several new TV series like “The Mandalorian” and “High School Musical: The Musical.” “The Mandalorian” is a branch off of the Star Wars saga, detailing the adventures of a lone gunfighter that makes his way through the outer reaches of the galaxy, far from the authority of the New Republic. “High School Musical: The Musical,” on the other hand, describes the lives of members and faculty advisors in a school drama club, working their way toward the opening night of their schools first ever production of “High School Musical: The Musical.”

Student reactions to Disney Plus were very positive. Freshman Oliver Adams claimed that “they have an awesome deal. It’s totally worth it.” His favorite show is “The Mandalorian,” which he claimed was the “best show by far.” Junior Ben Crow added that “it’s worth having it because you can watch “The Mandalorian” and the other subscriptions.” Junior Nick Tysiachney also encouraged the Disney Plus campaign, saying that “you should totally get it, best of the deals and it’s so much better than Netflix because Disney Plus has a better selection.” Senior Dalanie Coughlin said she likes it because of the “Avengers  being in it and it includes Hulu and ESPN. It’s only $12.99/month, or you can get a new phone with an unlimited plan from Verizon, which gives you a free Disney plus with Hulu and ESPN included as well.”

Some of the top movies you can watch include “Marvels: End Game”, “Lady and the Tramp,” “Noelle,” “Captain Marvel,” “Frozen,” “Moana,” “Dumbo,” “Thor Ragnarok,” “Star Wars,” “Zootopia,” and so much more! If you like any of the previous movie titles, we definitely recommend that you purchase Disney plus. And if you don’t feel comfortable committing right out of the shoot, you can do a seven day free trial and test their product. Sophomore Dane P. Jukes stated, “It’s the greatest thing ever invented because you can watch all the old movies and shows you like at any time!”

Disney Plus not only has amazing and positive reviews but is also a way to reconnect with your favorite Disney movies and awesome new content! It would definitely make a great Christmas present to give someone this holiday.