Console wars

Matt Brown

Matt Brown | Windows Central

Jace Walls, Reporter

With the brand new start of pre ordering for the PS5 and the Xbox Series X in 2020, there has been an uproar of millions of younger people expressing their own thoughts about which console is better. With the Xbox having a 8x Cores @ 3.8 GHz (3.6 GHz w/ SMT) Custom Zen 2 CPU it makes it stronger than the PlayStation only having AMD Zen 2-based CPU with 8 cores at 3.5GHz. Both had a crazy amount of preorders, but PlayStation beat Xbox by almost 3 million more preorders.

With the spark of a new generation of consoles, students have been deciding what console they are going to choose. “I am going to get the Xbox Series X because all of my friends play on Xbox too, and if I switch I wouldn’t have anyone to play with,” said the sophomore Dylan Crum. It seems most students have a friend group that play on either one console or the other. 

“I’ve had my Xbox for over 4 years, and all my games that I have bought over the years are on Xbox,” said the sophomore William Thomas. Another factor which has students buying one console over the other is all of the previous games that they have bought, and how, if they switch, they would have to buy all new games and that can be really expensive.

“Even though the Xbox is going to be stronger than the new PlayStation, I enjoy the controller way more than the Xbox controller,” said the sophomore Lucas Crow. With both consoles there are different controllers, and if a student grew up using one controller their hands can naturally like one controller over the other.

“I really enjoy playing Xbox with my friends, but I really just can’t wait to see the release of both new consoles,” said the sophomore Jessi Stempka. While one student may prefer one console over the other some students just want to see a new console and experience this new generation of gaming.